Earthy Tones

Friday, December 23, 2011

Mom's Musings

While Bailey is conked out at the moment I want to share some of my new mom musings with the blogging world while I have some time.

Things I've learned.....

- babies breath really does smell sweet

- my favorite thing is when people have been holding Bailey and they hand her back and she smells like their perfume or cologne... I think I'll pick my next fragrance with this trick

- Though sleeping takes up 75% of Bailey's life- she still sucks at going to bed at night


-Binkey's matter... Bailey was such a fusser and would not keep her 1st set of Binkey's in her mouth and would just yell at them.   After trying a 2nd type of Binkey- she is able to keep it in her mouth, actually be comforted by it, and we have more peace in our home.

- I am so grateful that Bailey does not spit up (knock on wood).  She may be soaking wet from her slobber, but very rarely spits up.  In fact when she does, it's such a rarity that we never know where to find a burp cloth

- As Bailey is developing and growing she is starting to smile a ton-  she giggled once or twice, but seems to have forgotten how,  we are still waiting for her to develop this skill and can't wait

- Shower buddy-  Bailey loves the sound of the shower.  From the time we brought her home she is so calm sitting in her bee seat outside the shower.  I hope this means I'll have myself a water baby.

of course now that I'm writing i can't remember all the quirks of my child, but I'll ponder and write them down.  Stay tuned for the next set of Mom's Musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment